Random Thoughts of a Unique Mind

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and a surprising turn of events

Hey All! I know it's been a couple of months since I updated this thing. As you can imagine, I have been pretty busy with work. FedEx...Christmas season....yeah. Enough said. Since my last post, there has been A LOT to occur in my life that most of ya don't really know about.

First, concerning the move to Austin. Not gonna happen. Several factors have been taken into consideration here. First and foremost, with the economy the way it is, I took a small (5%) pay cut. FedEx went across the board and cut the pay of all full-time exempt (salary) managers. Yeah it stinks, but at the same time, at least I still have a job with a financially sound company. There are other smaller 'cuts' that we took, (ie: no 401K matching) but all in all, I still consider myself very lucky to have a job in this economy. It just wouldn't make much sense to move to a more expensive city making less than I do now. Yes, I'd still like to be around my family more, but as I have stated before, I am not unhappy here. Not at all. I love the group at church. When it looked like I was leaving, they got me a card and a book. They are an awesome bunch who has helped me grow spiritually in so many ways. I would definitely miss them. I love each of them.

The second major occurance is that I have met someone. I'd been talking to her briefly when my last post was made, but at the time, didn't think it merited mentioning yet. Things with her have really taken off! She is an absolutely fantastic Christian lady. She's sweet, smart, fun and easy to talk to, gorgeous, and most importantly, she's a great and strong Christian. There really is definite potential here and I am anxiously waiting to see where God leads this. I simply am not doing her justice by the nice things that I say about her. Words can't describe it :) I am going to meet her family next month, and then, if time off from each of our jobs allow, I am going to take her to meet my family in March. Timing in life is everything and the way things have seemingly fallen into place is amazing. I'll spare you details, but if you want to know more...write or call!!

Lastly, I just want to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and joyous New Year. I hope and pray that the new year brings you all much health and happiness, and that the Lord blesses you in each and every way possible.

God Bless
Greg :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home