Random Thoughts of a Unique Mind

Friday, February 27, 2009

Time is flying.....

Hey all! I hope and pray that y'all have had a good month. This month has been very good to me. Amber came up to visit over Valentine's Day weekend and we had a very nice time. I made arrangements for her to "look for" sevreal cards once she woke up on Valentine's Day. I also got her a bouquet of her favorite flowers and some candy. She couldn't make up her mind what dress she wanted to wear to the symphony (which by the way was EXCELLENT), so I finally pulled out the silver necklace that I had gotten her and told her to decide which dress went better with the necklace. She loved the necklace. She's even been wearing it to work and church, which for her (being a very private person) says a lot.

For Valentines dinner, we ended up eating at McAllisters. That was not my first choice, but the restaurant I wanted to take her to wasn't taking reservations and there was over an hour wait, three hours before the symphony was starting! Amber was very sweet about it all and she was cool with just having a simple dinner at McAllisters. She's a wonderful lady :)

So as I sit her, we still have two weeks to go before she comes back here. She's coming in on Friday March 13, and we're going to head out to Texas on Saturday morning. I am off for a few days and she is going to meet my family. I may be completely nuts about this, but I am nervous at all. I'm excited about her meeting them, and even more excited about the future. If you can't tell already, I am completely crazy about her and I love where I truly feel that this is headed.

I am (of course) looking forward to seeing my family. I haven't been home since October. A few days away from the hustle and bustle of FedEx will be nice as well. I plan on showing Amber around Texarkana...which may take all of half an hour, and then just relaxing. No pressures from work, no phone calls, nothing. Rest and relaxation abound.

Other than that, not a lot is going on. As you can tell, Amber takes up a great deal of my time, which I will never complain about :) I'm sure I will have more to post at a later date. Until then, I hope and pray that God and His blessings are abundant in your life!

~God Bless~
Greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home