Random Thoughts of a Unique Mind

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Meet the Parents.....

Hey all. Well, last week Amber and I went to Texarkana so that she could meet my family. I hadn't been home since October, so it was a much needed trip for me as well. The trip went well. My family really likes her. So much that my dad told me to tell her that she is welcome back anytime, provided that she doesn't bring me haha

She got to meet two of my three sisters, along with two nephews and two nieces. Sarah really seemed to warm up to her. She even colored Amber a picture and gave her one of her toys to keep. She's such a sweet little girl. Brett was a bit nervous, but by the end of the trip, he had given Amber some hugs :) Amber did get to see my competitive side as we played numerous games of Skip-Bo. Singles and partners. I'll just say that she is gracious in defeat...especially when the defeats come one after another :-)

We drove around Texarkana, and she got to meet some of my old co-workers, friends and the church family. Amber is a hit. She didn't run screaming after (or during) the trip, so she's a keeper hehe. Seriously, there is something really really special about this girl. She is completely wonderful and I really love her very very much. The next trip is in a few weeks when I will go to Tampa to spend more time around her family. After that it gets sorta iffy because of work and school schedules. I am certain that we'll work something out and even if we go a while without seeing one another, it will just make the time we have together all the more special.

We are currently debating ideas for a vacation in late July or early August. We're considering going to New York City or Colorado. No decisions have been made yet. I have friends in both areas so naturally proper sleeping arrangments won't be a problem, even if as my friends in Connecticut said, "you have to sleep on the deck outside...we'll throw you a blanket. Amber gets the spare bedroom." hehe And who says chivalry is dead??

Life is going great right now. I have ZERO complaints. Work is going very well. Made it through Spring Break without any catastrophies. Break weeks are always iffy when half your crew is college students. Again, as I have said in the past, I have a WONDERFUL crew that works for me. They make my job SO much easier.

We did just pass five hundred days without an injury on the dock. We're going to celebrate with a cookout next week. You really have no idea how good hot dogs can be at 6:30 or 7:00 in the morning until you've worked this kind of job. I bet we'll go through about fifty to seventy-five hot dogs minimum between the package handlers, drivers and contractors.

This coming week, my boss is on vacation, so I'll have a lot more stuff to do, but it's nothing that I can't handle and haven't handled in the past. It'll just mean a couple of longer days...no big deal. I'll manage.

Until next time, I bid you all a fond farewell. I hope and pray that everyone is doing well!

~God Bless~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home